Based on the success of the aerodynamic Model 579 EPIQ sleeper truck, Peterbilt has introduced the aerodynamic, fuel-efficient Model 579 EPIQ day cab.
“Fleets wanting to operate fuel-efficient day cabs have been an underserved market, and Peterbilt is pleased to provide the new Model 579 EPIQ day cab,” says Robert Woodall, Peterbilt Assistant General Manager of Sales and Marketing. “Its comprehensive, optimized aerodynamic package, fuel-efficient powertrain and other technologies can provide customers up to 14 percent improved fuel economy. It is ideal for fuel-conscious day-cab fleet customers in regional, tanker and bulk haul applications, helping lower operating costs and bringing new levels of productivity, uptime and driver satisfaction.”
Among the aerodynamic enhancements on the Model 579 EPIQ day cab are:
- Multi-piece aerodynamic hood available in both 117- and
- Three-piece collapsible roof fairing;
- Chassis fairings with rubber skirts from the quarter fender to the back of the cab and aerodynamic rubber closeouts under the sides of the cab;
- Three-piece aerodynamic bumper;
- Bumper air dam and bumper-to-hood seals;
- Front wheel closeouts and fender liners; and
- Chassis fairing kickouts.
Customers can specify the full aero package through Peterbilt dealerships for simplified ordering or customize it for specific needs, such as an aero bumper-to-back-of-cab package or an aero bumper-to-front-tandem package. The aerodynamic components and packages are also available through Peterbilt dealerships for aftermarket installation.